Career Coaching: Guidelines and Procedures
Career coaching can include the following:
- Topics and general questions relating to professional life and career support
- Review of professional documents such as CVs, resumes, cover letters, etc.
- Review of conference proposals and posters, writings, and articles
- Preparation for job applications and interviews
- Feedback on videos for job applications
- Discussion of professional development and/or continuing education
- Topics relating to starting, maintaining, expanding, or retiring a studio
- Collect relevant files and materials to submit to your mentor.
- Submit your professional profile and career-related questions.
- Respond to your mentor’s email to schedule your conference.
- Download and install the Zoom app for your video conference.
- Attend your video conference and discuss with your mentor.
Mentor Connections Policies
- Files and documents must be submitted through file-sharing links or direct upload.
- Videos will be submitted as one or multiple links to common video-sharing platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, Drive, Dropbox, Apple iCloud.
- A maximum of twenty minutes of video will be reviewed. If there are specific segments to review, please indicate specific time codes. Otherwise, the mentor will view the first twenty minutes.
- Videos and files submitted for discussion are not retained and will not be used for any other purpose.
- The video conference will be scheduled within 10 business days, not including holidays, of submission.
- Video conferencing can be rescheduled only with at least 24-hours notice of cancellation; the rescheduled meeting must occur within 5 business days of the original meeting. Meetings can only be rescheduled once.
- In case of technology failure, a meeting will be rescheduled within 5 business days of the original meeting.
- Refunds will not be given for missed video conferencing meetings. Refunds will only be given if the Frances Clark Center is unable to provide the mentorship service.
- Video conferencing will occur via the Zoom web conferencing application. A free Zoom account is required.
- All Zoom meetings are recorded and retained by the Frances Clark Center. All discussions will remain confidential.
- Mentors are determined by the Frances Clark Center and assigned by the Mentor Connections program to best address each submission.